Monday, May 5, 2008

The power to change

After listening over the KCB201 Week 6 podcast again in preparation for blogging and our Virtual Cultures assessment, I picked up on the significance of Axel's conclusion to his speil on online communities. It goes something like this:

The true power of community is that if there are enough people that come together who agree on certain things, and agree that certain changes need to be made, then they have the power to change our environment.

I simply wanted to post something about it because something about that statement really hit home with me.

Maybe I'm just being sentimental, but the way I see it is this:

If we can crawl out of the dark pessimistic holes that so many of us are hiding in, and actually do something about the things in this world that need to change, then together we can build a brighter future!

I'm going to continue my love affair with YouTube by posting a video from crossmack who shares my enthusiam about this topic.



Unfortunately he is suffering from from the same dilemma as me - where do I go from here? If you need some inspiration, this is a good place to start.



Viva La Revolution!

No comments: